There are a good number of interfaces on this machine, configured as follows:
- Onboard NIC 1 - Management: Access to the ESXi console, assigned over DHCP.
- Onboard NIC 4 - EDLAN uplink into virtual switch 'EDLAN' and port group 'EDLAN Ports' - this switch and port group operates untagged
- PCIe NICs 1-4 - Trunk uplink into network, connected to virtual switch 'VM switch'. Requires tagged port groups, these have been configured for TardisLAN, Internal, Colo and CompSoc.
- 'Yes, it's proprietary' but also fairly nice? It is licensed with a perpetual free licence, only restrictions being no vCentre for clustering.
- 'Kill it with fire!' - please do, it was an experiment which threw up some issues - namely it can only handle Microsoft AD not OpenLDAP for some obscure reason. Careful though, it has the router on it.