User:Rphi/State of things Jun 2020
Revision as of 14:36, 21 June 2020 by Rphi (Created page with " = State of TARDIS - Jun 2020 = ''Based off what I've seen recently...'' == Boxes currently alive and in use == * Hyperion: ** '''Awaiting replacement''' - hasn't been touc...")
State of TARDIS - Jun 2020
Based off what I've seen recently...
Boxes currently alive and in use
- Awaiting replacement - hasn't been touched because config is ???? and we were expecting to get a DAS from MT which never materialised
- File server, old version of Debian, 32 bit only as Pentium 4
- Replace with something FreeNAS based?
- Main user data stored on a pair of fairly modern 2TB disks
- Modern (ish) PVE host - the last in the cluster
- Holds most core services now, everything bar LDAP has been migrated from the old version PVE on tennant
- 1U HP Gen5?
- all other hosts in this cluster have been powered down
- Old (legacy) PVE host - the last in the cluster
- iirc only has the LDAP server on it at the moment as I couldn't be bothered to migrate it considering we were going to be replacing it with something new shortly (although that never happened)
- 1U Dell weird datacenter specific model?
- "temporary" core services host - ESXi
- it was never supposed to live this long
- management IP is on the DHCP VLAN (static assignment to 10.6.0.2)
- I set it up so we could get a router going quickly when the physical one died because I know how ESXi networking works, and I don't know how PVE works well enough to get that set up without a load of trial and error
- YES THE ROUTER IS ON HERE
- Also on this box:
- Brainspawn - test oVirt management host (not hosting anything)
Other boxes powered on
- Test oVirt VM host
- managed by Brainspawn on Hyperchicken
- Literally no config on here whatsoever
- These things are very hard to configure
- Nothing important so can be killed
- Gamesoc's colo box