Tardis has moved to the Informatics Forum
We have moved to the self-managed server room in the Informatics Forum basement.
Here is a list of current changes, major problems and developments going on in tardisland. Hopefully this will be kept up to date...
- Get rid of some of our old (really old) hardware due to space limitations
- 2x Gateway Esomthings, 2x Ultra5s, 3x Dell SFF Boxes
- Look at moving piper (NFS Service) to a new box - hard drives sound dodgy
- Cluster setup
- Migrate Ace onto the two Netra T1's ideally in an HA setup
- The last U5 in use and being such an important role it should be moved onto a better machine.
- The Backup Infrastructure needs to be addressed.
- We need a bigger chassis/more disks. I don't think we currently have a suitable box/space for this - maybe move the webserver (again) and use the 280R?
See also Admin Projects.
If you would like to help us with or you would like to learn about how we are doing any of the above projects please contact us at email@example.com.