Connecting to IRC
Revision as of 21:00, 12 October 2013 by Hayden (Text replace - "^" to "<div style="width:55%;margin:0 auto;border:2px solid;border-left:20px solid;border-color:#d9534f;text-align:center;padding:5px;font-weight:bold;">This page is out of date and needs rewriting.<br /> The content is likely to be incomp)
this tutorial explains the best method to connect to Tardis IRC.Note: If you already have a Tardis account
IRC is an online chat protocol which Tardis uses for day-to-day communication.
Server: irc.imaginarynet.org.uk Port: 6667 Channel: #tardis
There are a range of IRC clients most of which take some getting used to - here are some recommendations:
- Pidgin () - Does just about everything chat-wise.
- mIRC () - The most popular IRC client (free but you get messages on startup asking you to pay)
- XChat () - Windows version isn't free but a nice GUI linux chat client.
- irssi () - Console based IRC client, clean and highly configurable.
- mibbit () - Browser based chat client, try to use a real client where possible.