This page should help us to make sure the upgrade to Debian lenny is done smoothly and quickly.
Things to watch
- Remember to check that the latest kernel (linux-image-2.6.26-1-xen-686) is used the the Xen configuration ('/etc/xen/HOSTNAME.conf').
- Make sure that 'linux-modules-2.6-xen-686' and 'udev' are installed on the Xen domUs. Be aware that having 'udev' mounted on '/dev' doesn't necessarily indicate that 'udev' is installed. Looking at '/dev/pts' should be better.
- Run `find /etc/ -name \*dpkg-dist\*` and use `vimdiff` to merge changes from lenny into our customized configuration files.
- Delete '/etc/network/options' as it's not used in lenny.
- You might need to remove 'libsasl2'. This won't cause any problems as it's just a dummy package.
- Configuration files where you should "install the package maintainer's version":
Already running lenny
WOTAN: Still on 2.6.18 so will need a careful reboot.
Still running etch
vortis: Shell server. Needs attention and down-time booked in advance.
mara: Web server. Needs attention but might just be done early one day.
piper: NFS & LDAP server. Needs attention and down-time booked in advance. (Has only just been upgraded from sarge to etch.)
agyeman: IRC server. Might need down-time or might just be done early one day.
boe: Mail server. Needs attention but could probably be done any time.
sil: Database server. Could probably be done any time. (Had security updates commented out for some reason. Fixed now.)